Dated: August 28, 2017
Circular No. 2015-17/40
Subject: GKIIWA Elections 2017-2019
In the past few weeks there have been many representations from the residents regarding the fate GKIIWA elections.
In order to sort out the impasse, a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Welfare Association was held on 20th Aug 2017.
The following are the excerpts of the resolutions passed in the meeting….
- The resignations submitted by Election Committee members earlier, in April 2017, were neither considered nor accepted by the Executive Committee. Through a series of meetings, they were persuaded to continue for the full term of 4 years and vide their communication of 22.7.17, the Election Committee Chairman agreed to continue, with the intent to conduct elections, as per constitution.
- A series of meetings were held with all the parties representatives and 3 members of the Election Committee, to resolve the impasse in July, August 2017.
- As per the latest meeting held on 20.8.2017, with the representatives of all the parties and 3 election Committee members, the election committee was advised to proceed further to conduct GKIIWA elections, asap, preferably by end of Sept 2017,
- Voters enrolled upto 28.2.2017 would be eligible to cast the votes.
- In view of the aforesaid, the election process, initiated earlier & which became controversial, is deemed as annulled to facilitate the new/fresh process of Elections by the Election Committee.
The Election Committee has been advised accordingly to conduct the fresh elections asap.
You will soon hear from the Election Committee the details of the fresh election program.
We request the residents to fully cooperate with us and the Election Committee, for the successful conduct of the elections.
Let us set example for others, that we in GKII, are indeed one big happy family of residents, highly concerned for the welfare of each other and the society at large.
Wishing you all a very happy and peaceful festive season.
Ashok Puri Jatindey Mathur
(President) (Gen. Secretary)
GREATER KAILASH-H WELFARE ASSOCIATION